Thursday, February 10, 2011

Tadah! Maya's Quilt Complete

Maya arrived this week. I can't wait to meet her. She's adjusting to her new family which may take a little while but once she's settled in I'm certain she will be a happy little girl. I am so thrilled for Helen and Gregg. There is nothing so fulfilling as raising a child.

Last weekend I intended to finish Maya's quilt but I had problems with the sewing machine, it just wouldn't behave. I looked at the manual (something I never do) and fixed the problem but I had stitched a lot and had to take out rows of stitches setting me back a few hours.
Finally I had to give up that I was going to complete it by Monday morning in time for Gregg's shower at Peet's. Work was slow this week though so I plowed ahead and finished in time to give it to him this morning.

I really enjoyed making this quilt. Many blessings to the new family.

No comments:

Post a Comment